Monday, May 5, 2014

I am Happy!

Shout-outs:
My darling Mother, best friend and example because this weekend is Mother's day and I love her so much!
My other Mother Kim:) who sent the BEST package complete with 2 cute skirts that we modeled at the baptism. Thanks Momma Kim, you are the best! :)
Letters from: Elder Spencer, Elder Walton
and finally..... Congrats to Miss Kate Cutchins who is tying the knot next week! Your invite was beautiful and all the hermanas in my zone were ooh-ing and aah-ing. :)

Now for this week:
1) Pompilio got baptized and confirmed and is now the newest member of the Girasoles Ward!
2) I did divisions in MiraFlores B (aka my first area) for the day.
3) This week passed by faster then the last one. Scary.


Let's get some details:
First of all, going to MiraFlores was crazy and awesome. Crazy because it just felt so weird. I haven't been there for so long but Hna. Garcia said,
 "okay, let's go to the family salinas!" 
and my internal compass just started walking. It was SO WONDERFUL to see them all. Everyone is doing so great (I didn't see Jose, but he's doing great too!) and I just felt so so much love! If I was feeling down it was impossible to not go the entire day without a huge smile and so many people saying 
"you look so tan! your spanish is so good!" 
Charity. It was the biggest thing radiating in my mind the entire day. I truly felt the purest most beautiful form of Christ's love and you know, it's the best!!

Saturday came and the air was a buzz! We had some people to visit before the baptism but we decided to stop by and visit Pilo. On our way to his house we saw him in the street and I said, "Hermano, are you running away?" 
to which he said,
 "No hermanas, I'm just gonna go invite someone!"
 Did I mention that a week before his baptism he asked if he could leave with us to visit people?
There was just so much happiness because Pilo was so happy. Lots of family members came and you could see that they truly felt the spirit. 
The best part was when the first counselor was in front welcoming him to the ward. He went over to shake his hand and Pilo promptly stood up and gave him a huge hug. Then he asked, "would you like to say a few words?" 
Pompilio stood in front just beaming and talked about how we had met him a month ago and how he truly felt a difference in his life. But I just about started crying when he looked forward and said,
"I was sad, but I am happy. I can truly say that I am happy."

 
I just love that so much. That is what the gospel is all about. When people see Hermana Carias and I in the street, they probably think we are crazy because we are just laughing so hard or singing or something. But the truth is that we have found true happiness and aren't afraid to show it!

I hope you are happy! But if you aren't, then take the necessary steps to find the true happiness that God has waiting for you. He wants to bless you, but we have to do our part. It isn't always easy, but God has given us so many great friends and family to help us on this journey.

Here we are with the normal "fancy p-day breakfast" tradition- Hermana Carias bought Nutella, so making crepes was in order!


I love each and every one of you! 
To my crazy Snelson Family I'll see your beautiful faces this weekend!

No comments: