Monday, April 28, 2014

But you can call him Pilo‏

So the first week I got here we went to a members house for an FHE.
It was my first time at the house so I went around asking everyone's names,  until I got to an older gentlemen. I was so confused at first- thought he was speaking another language until everyone started yelling,
"Pompilio!"
So that's how we met Pilo :)
He is a brother of a member who just HAPPENED to move into his sisters house right before changes and just HAPPENED to know nothing about this church and just HAPPENED to be super friendly and ready to hear us.
Let us quote a quote my daddy often says, "Coincidences are God's way of remaining anonymous."
It has been incredible seeing the changes that Pilo has been through as he told me, "Hermanas, I know it's bad, and I am never going to drink and smoke again."
 There is so much happiness in his face every time he sees us and even more when he was able to realize that this church and this gospel are true.
 We had challenged him to be baptized for last Saturday (the 26th) but he didn't go to church. So on Sunday we re-challenged him for May 3rd. Well, we were on Divisions when Hermana Carias went over the questions with him and filled out his register (I don't know if that's what it's called in English... baptisimal form?). She asked if he remembered his date and he said the 26th. 
"But Pompilio, you remember that that's tomorrow, right?"
 "Yeah Hermana, let's do it!" 
Hermana Carias told me she was SO SAD to have to tell him that he would have to wait a week. He was sad at first, then said,
 "That's okay, I'll do it! I'm getting baptized!"
His enthusiasm is contagious! This morning we went to play soccer he was walking by the field. He came up with his huge smile and shook our hand so hard like he always does. Then he went around saying hi to all the other missionaries, just so excited to be able to become a part of the true church.

I too, feel more and more grateful everyday as I am able to progress and advance so much! Not only am I helping the Lord's kingdom grow, but I myself am growing so much as well. I still feel so privileged to have been chosen to be a representative of the Lord. I came here because I wanted to give to Him a small piece of all that has been given to me, but I am seeing more and more each day that that is impossible as I am receiving more blessings than I ever could have imagined. I feel so grateful everyday as I feel so much love and support from everyone. I truly am the luckiest gal in all of Honduras!
I love you all so much! I hope you enjoyed church yesterday, and will have a great week. :)


Hermana Snelson
(I lost the cord for my camera to connect it to the computer but will probably be buying it.... today. :)  Here I am on the Provo Mayor's blog though:


 

No comments: