Monday, April 7, 2014

It all started on April Fool's‏

Hey everyone!

I woke up April First preparing to take the time between teaching lessons to visit members so Hermana Rodriguez could say good-bye. Normally, we receive the call for changes at 6 or 7. So at 5 when the phone rang I was more than surprised. It was the Zone Leaders

"Hey, Hermana Snelson?" 
"yeah, hey elder, what's up? Oh my gosh.... you have changes!"
"I do have changes, want to hear?"
"Well, yeah."
"okay Hermana, You're going to Teguc." 
 
I was shocked! I had been thinking actually that I was so grateful for the work we did in the south because it taught me the importance of working hand in hand with the members and the ward. I was thinking the other day "man, wish I was back in Teguc to put in to action all that I've learned!" so I actually felt pretty good.
"okay Elder"
"and..... You're companion is Hermana Carias."

Hermana Carias was in my first zone for the 1st change, she's one of Hermana Flynn's trainers. She was nice, but I didn't know her too well since it was my first change and everything was new then. But she's really nice so I was pretty stoked.
"Hermana Carias" I thought "hmmm.... someone told me where her area is. She was with hermana Flores as the sister training leader...." 
"Elder, are you serious??" 
"I'm dead serious, Congrats hermana! You're the new sister training leader!!!!!"
"Elder, wait, today is April Fools day" 
"I know Hermana, but I promise this is real! congrats!"

I was just kind of in shock the rest of the night, then we got home at 8 so I could pack all of my clothes. I managed to get to bed at 10:30 but could NOT sleep. 
"This is gonna be great, I'm so excited!" "But I haven't even TRAINED how the heck can I be a leader?" "Oh my heck I'm going to do divisions and go to consejo." "Ah I'll be out of the heat!"

I kinda slept but not really. At 2 in the morning I had enough- so I got down on my knees. I told Heavenly Father everything I was feeling, everything that was going through my head. He's the best- he just listens so lovingly. 

I had to re-realize that Heavenly Father knows what he's doing. He knew what he was doing by sending me here, and not Africa or Taiwan. I also thought of what my parents have always said: "It's MY will, not THY will be done."

I'm taking this on with enthusiasm and am very excited.

Things to know about Hermana Carias:
-she is from Guatemala
-she is the third missionary in her family. The fourth and last missionary is on his mission right now in Paraguay.
-she went to a bilingual school so we speak English when we're at home. That means singing too
 -she knows all the EFY songs better than I do! 
-she always says, "of course my little horse!"
-she's been a STL for 1 change... so we're learning line upon line. 
-she is HILARIOUS. We are laughing all the time.


So yep, there you go. And Hermana Rodriguez is training :) 
 
 

And some pictures:
 
 Here we are  eating at McDonald's for the first time in Four Months
 (with Elder Smith from the one and only Timpview High School!)
 
 
 
 We made banana pancakes at a recent converts house this morning :)
 
 
  
Love you! Hope you enjoyed conference as much as I did! If you didn't have a chance to see it, look up President Uchtdorf's talk about gratitude :)
 
 

No comments: