Monday, April 14, 2014

The Details!

Hey everyone! I was kinda of vague last week, but don't you fret, here come the details!

The ward:
Is so great! They need a little more enthusiasm for missionary work, but Hermana Carias and I have got loads to spare, so that shouldn't be too much of a problem ;)
NOTE TO ALL HUMANS NOT SERVING MISSIONS: Missionary work is changing! It is the members job to find the people and our job to teach. We were called to teach! I have been blessed to have the opportunity to find some people myself, but it is always better when the members and the missionaries work hand in hand.

We do get fed though, so that's a bonus! And like always, delicious. Especially right now since it's spring break (unless you live in Latin America, then it's the Holy Week) so everyone wants to feed us, which is perfectly fine :) The goal is just to try to get to know the few members in our area and gain their confidence. But we'll do it :)

My area: 
Is awesome. It's really big so we have to be more effective when we plan so we don't climb up a hill (but literally) then come down then have to go back up. But I can say that without a doubt I LOVE it here. There is a ton to do which means a happy Hermana Snelson, because if there is one thing I've learned it is that I just don't like to sit still. I'm always speed walking (calves of steel, everybody) and talking to everyone we can.

Funny story: some days we slack on opening the mouth (the goal is we each talk to 10 people everyday) so what we do is the first person to talk to 10 people has to buy the other a charamusca. (like... a Popsicle, but in a bag. Haha, everything is in bags!) I think that's an important lesson I've learned, you can work hard and teach effectively and still have fun! You just have to get creative sometimes! :)

My Comp:
Hermana Carias is still great! Today I made her crepes while we watched a movie and then she did my hair and picked out my clothes. I love that I am with someone who has more time because we have gotten to the point where we understand the sacrifices necessary to have a good companionship and are able to express our concerns to one another with love. It truly is such a blessing to be here with such a wonderful example!

We are doing so awesome! This week will be slower since everyone is going to be going to the beach, but we are going to take advantage and visit every member who is home :)

I just love how much potential each of us has to grow. Everyday we are blessed to learn new things, meet new people, and better ourselves, something I feel I didn't take advantage of before the mission. I have come to grow closer with my Savior and learned to rely on him in ALL situations. There are moments when I feel tired and say a quick little prayer like "Heavenly Father, I really need to make it up this hill, help me please", or when we are in a lesson and waiting for an answer and just do a little one that the spirit can touch their heart. I have come to know that God is always there, with a listening ear :)

Now for some pictures!

We went to a lesson the other night and there was a hen sitting in the corner. When we asked, he said that some of her eggs had hatched, but she was still sitting on the others. So that's how we held chicks while we sang an opening hymn :)

My mission leader offered to make us lemon juice, and when he whipped out the lemons it was the biggest I've ever seen!

Plus, we were still in our Sunday best, so a picture was necessary :)
That's all folks! Love you lots!

No comments: