Monday, March 31, 2014

Putting God First

Shout-outs!
Thanks to Sister Celeste Brown for the postcard and the letters from Elder Baird, Elder Dickson (in Taiwan!) and Miss Rachel Chow.

Thanks, you rock!

Well, this week was pretty great! and this upcoming week is gonna be rocking.

Saben porque????

GENERAL CONFERENCE!

and changes! Wowzers. Time sneaks up so fast!

Current predictions:

My darling Hermana Rodriguez will be headed out to Danli (we get sadder every night. It's like during the day we just go on our merry way and forget but when we get home and plan for the night- reality check).

And I will be here and either 1) train a Latina ooooor
 2) teach a gringa my area and we'll sweat out guts out together.

Either way, it's going to be so great! :D

We had a great week this week- six people went to church yesterday (two families, and one a friend an investigator invited!) and several tell me straight up "I don't want to get baptized." But we are so perpetually happy. It's just the most wonderful feeling knowing that you are doing exactly what you should be doing and exactly what God wants you to do.

When I was in high school I had what was for me a huge realization- God loves me, and nothing else matters! It didn't matter that people thought I was crazy or didn't like the way I dressed- God loved me. I knew the things I was doing were making him happy. Nothing else mattered.

I found myself re-realizing that as people are easily lax with the rules. Not the big ones, the little ones. I had to remember that it didn't matter what anyone else thought- I know that I am doing my job as a missionary. I haven't had baptisms since November but I am having successes in my area. We are re-activating and helping people change their lives. In subtle ways, yes. But I come home every night satisfied that I am doing all that the Lord requires of me- without any short cuts. I have a long way to go, and am grateful for the time that I have left. It's sad that it's so little (everyone who asks me when I go home is all, "oh really, so soon?") but I am doing my very best to enjoy every moment.

Love you all! Watch Conference and love it! It truly is all inspired- there is something different each of us learn that we need to hear- pray to have the spirit to know what it is.

You are the best!


P.S.- For p-day we went to the beach! No swimming, ovio, or even putting our feet in! But... we took advantage and had a little photo shoot :)
 
 
  
 Me and my companion
 
 

And good ol' Hermana flynn :) 

 
 
 

No comments: