Monday, March 3, 2014

This Week

Hey there my loves!

Many exciting things happened this week, unfortunately I only have time to tell you about one!

We had Zone Conference which was MARVELOUS. I love just being able to spiritually recharge for 5 hours and listen to inspiring talks. And the AP´s always have awesome videos, so that´s great too. :)

I can´t find the video but one of the AP´s showed a video that shows all the steps someone takes to serve a mission. Before the mission, I thought my mission prep started when I was at college and started studying Preach My Gospel but oh, I was sadly mistaken. Much like my parents, my missionary service started much earlier than I anticipated, but Heavenly Father knew that, and prepared me accordingly.

One thing that just touched me so deeply (mom, I´m turning into you) was a mother in the kitchen teaching her child to crack an egg. That small moment showed me how much the insignificant moments can add up. It was the little moments like cooking in the kitchen, family home evening, long car rides on the way home from dance and being forced to sit on the fireplace to open birthday presents every year that made the difference. It was working at Gandolfo's, making bread every Sunday to take to neighbors, and completing Personal Progress that truly helped me be here today, right now.

I completed 9 months the other day (it should have been on the 29th of February, but there is no 29th, so we're just pretending I don´t complete until March  :) ) and I was reflecting on all that has happened. A half of my mission has already happened. I sat there thinking of all that I have accomplished. I felt frustrated that I couldn't learn the lessons that I've learned earlier. But it just gives me even more motivation to work even harder during the course of my mission. And, I happily realized and exclaimed to Hermana Rodriguez during personal study "Hermana, it doesn't matter! I have 60 years left to put in practice all that I've learned AND eternity!"

I´m happy. I am SO happy. I wish I could even express the happiness that I have. The church is true ladies and gentlemen, and I'm going to let all of Choluteca, Honduras know it :)

Now for some pictures:

There is generally a shortage of chairs when we go to teach, so people just get whatever they can. Not pictured: several beds and buckets :)
 
 

 
 
 
  
This is how I look walking down the street with my umbrella :)

 
Hermana Blazzard, from Utah. The picture was too cute to not include :)
 
 
 
And my awesome tan, thanks to my keens


P.S.- Today for p-day we played water games with my zone. Let's just say I´m still soaked as I sit here typing this :)
 
 
 

 

No comments: