Monday, May 26, 2014

"By small and simple things"‏

This change, on my agenda I put a picture of a tree and the words
 "cosas pequeñas y sencillas"
 or, small and simple things.
 Through small things, like a seed, we can have a huge tree and it is my goal to make my faith and testimony become as large and unbreakable as possible until I return home.

There were many small and simple things that happened this week that really helped me learn and grow.

Funny thing: Hermana Carias misplaced her hymn book for a few days, then I misplaced mine, then we misplaced both of our little ones and just had one big one. Normally when we go to a lesson, we start with a hymn. And when there is only 1 hymn book between the 3 of us (sometimes more!) then what do we do? 

Sing "I Am a Child of God" 

Seriously though, I'm pretty sure we sang it like... 15 times this week.

More serious thing:

Kristian is a 16 year old who is super chill and really loves this gospel. When his mom didn't want him to go to church he told us, 
 "Hermanas she just doesn't understand, Joseph Smith is a prophet and the church is true!" 
But sadly, there was nothing we could do. We have been trying and trying to talk to her but she's never there when we go over.
Well we go to visit Kristian. He isn't home, but we start talking to his neighbors in front and decide to go up the stairs and visit some people up there. When suddenly "Hey, hermanas!" He had left to go buy some beans :)
So we go and teach the plan of salvation and it was rocking and he loved it. Just as we were about to end he says, 
"Did you hear that? My mom's home."
 We got excited and asked if he'd go ask her if we can talk to her. So he leaves. I said a quick little prayer, hoping that we would be able to touch her heart so he could go to church and more importantly so we could meet with her and tell her about something that her son loved so much.
He came back and said,
"She said no guys."
 but since when has Hermana Snelson ever given up? We said the closing prayer and as we were leaving I yelled,
 "See ya hermana!" then I turned back and said, "Oh I love your shirt!"
Compliments: never fails. 
So we started talking and she explained her reasons but we explained ours. We have to understand these people, it's something weird and scary- I was scared to jump off a cliff the first time worried about what would happen. But I knew that this gospel could touch and change her heart. After chatting for a bit, we were FINALLY able to get an appointment with her.
I just said a silent prayer in my heart as we walked home- so grateful for God's hand in my life.

picture: scavenger hunt- where's hermana Snelson??
 

Love!
 

No comments: