Monday, June 2, 2014

Mis queridos amigos y familia!‏

Hey there!
I got letters! Thanks to:
-Elder Baird
-Elder Benfell
-the Riverside Ward
-and my homegirl Brooke Michele! 

Thanks everyone!

Alright now, I have had this written in my agenda for weeks and am finally getting around to tell you...

EVERYTHING YOU'VE WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT HERMANA CARAIAS

(as told by her companion slash best friend Hermana Snelson)

-she LOVES lemons. Seriously though, this is how it goes like everyday

"wow, I'm really craving any fruit, veggie, or just... anything"

"yeah, that sounds so good! with a little lemon..."

It's hilarious. As a result, I have tried:

-cucumber -tomato -papaya -mango -carrots -chips -rice -beans and well, you get the point.

She loves lemons so much that her parents planted a lemon tree at her house. I love it!


-She loves chips! If we go to the pulperia I mix it up, sometimes cookies, or sweet bread, or a banana. But Hermana Carias. Chips. Everytime. And the hotter the better. She loves hot cheetos, but you can only get them in the states.


-Her older brothers served missions, and her little brother is serving right now. A family full of missionaries! 


-At night, she is usually in bed before I am. I'll be in the bathroom, then forget something so then I run to hurry and write it down and then I just get distracted. But EVERY NIGHT she makes me shut the bathroom door. I finally asked her why, and she said, "hermana Snelson, MONSTERS" "what?" "you know, like in monsters inc?" "dude, I know what you're talking about... but you're scared of monsters?" "you never know!" "I'm sorry Hermana, but if Sully walks out of our bathroom door, I'd be STOKED"


Well, there you go :) 


Yesterday, we went to church. We were planning to have more people at church, but only one came. I was in sacrament meeting sitting there meditating and thinking about everything I had done and accomplished. I just felt this warm happiness as the speaker stood up to give their talk. I don't remember what they talked about- but I do know that it was the same doctrine that Christ taught- that we are truly in the same church that Christ established and that I was chosen to come here!

My Dad brought up an interesting point- I wasn't planning on this. I mean, I was always planning on serving a mission. But never in a million years had I planned on serving when I did, going to the temple when I did, or coming to Honduras. But I know this is where I need to be, when I need to be, and I have to exercise that calling to the very best of my abilities! I am so grateful to be here, and to have all of the love and the support that I am blessed to have!


Love you kids! Keep up the work!

-Hermanita eSnelson


Funny story: Latinos can't say Snelson. Well, they can after a little practice. But when I meet people for the first time, I always say, "Mi nombre es Hermana Esnelson" so they can pronounce it. Well, yesterday this woman just wasn't getting it, so she finally said, "oh! Miss Nelson!" I just smiled and said, "eh, close enough" haha :)


OTHER funny story: we got home yesterday and after a good Honduran rainstorm, naturally we needed some hot brownies. So I was mixing up the batter when we got a text message. It was from the assistants. Hermana Carias starts reading it outloud. They were reminding us about mission council (I think that's what it's called in English....) which is a meeting with all the leaders in the mission, at 9 and then it said that we would enter in a session at 2 pm. 

"Wait, Hermana, what did you just say?" "it says right after council we'll go to the temple."
We stood there in shocked silence. Then we just looked at each other and smiled and I was jumping and then I was just on the floor so happy. I promptly stood up and said, "Hug me hermana!" so then we were just hugging and jumping so happily.



So we'll be at the temple on Wednesday :)

Okay, love you bye!

No comments: