Monday, June 23, 2014

This week was crazy!

Before we start with how crazy this week was, we interrupt this e-mail with...

FUNNY THINGS HERMANA CARIAS SAYS

For those who don't know, Hermana Carias is my bilingual Guatemalan companion. This morning we were getting all ready to leave. As we are very occupied missionaries we often go to pray, then run to get something else, or say "shoot, I forgot that thing!" So this morning we are all ready to pray and I do the "tag check" (we tend to forget them on crazy mornings, like today because there was no water) and it seems like we are all good to go. But then we prayed and she says,
 "Gal darnnit hermana, I forgot something!"
 "What'd you forget?" "My Colgate smile!"
Haha I love her so much!

Wednesday is changes and there is a 50 percent chance that she is leaving. This will be her last change, but she has never been to the South, so we don't know if she will go there with Hermana Flynn, or end her mission here with me. It is always exciting and scary- we will see what happens!
This week was crazy for many reasons. We did divisions everyday and like always, with Hermana Carias and Hermana Snelson, crazy things happen!
Like how I went to a woman's house and she told us she was tired and her feet hurt so of course I said, "well, where is your lotion?" and then massaged her feet. We were just chatting when I said, "hermana, you should feel really special- I don't even do this to my mom!" That made her laugh :) She said I had to tell you I'll massage your feet, so you got yourself an official rain check :)
I also got really sick. It was horrible! It made me remember when I got sick 3 months ago. I felt terrible and could not leave my bed- so I did not for 2 days. The worst part was that I felt so bad for my companion. It was right after I came to Tegucigalpa so I felt so bad because when you get a new companion you just want to go out and get moving and I couldn't do anything!
I had called the nurse and she gave me a couple suggestions and told me to call her if I had any questions. So I took some medicine, and mostly rested.
Saturday night I was done-I wanted to go to church! I went out and got on my knees and said, "Heavenly Father, if it is thy will, please let this cup pass from me. I just want to take the sacrament so I can start this week over!"
The next day I woke up  and was totally fine. The nurse, Hermana Smart called me on Monday and said,
"hermana, how are you?" 
"I feel totally one hundred percent better!"
 "Oh good, I tried calling you Saturday night, but my phone didn't work so I just decided I'd pray for you! I'm glad you're so great!"
It was the most reassuring feeling! I know that I have more prayers than just those of Hermana Smart and I am grateful for each and every single one!
Anyway, this time I got sick wasn't nearly as bad as before. I just got a 24 hour flu and just had to rest. So I didn't work at all yesterday and just stayed at a members house. After my 2 hour nap  the 16 year old asked if she could paint my nails.  

  ​Goooo world cup!

Anyway, love you all, thanks for everything!


No comments: