Monday, May 12, 2014

The lady on the bus

Hi everyone! 

I don't have much time, but just wanted to tell you real quick what happened last Tuesday. Hermana Carias and I were leaving to go on divisions to Tatumbla- which is about a half hour away from our area. Since it's so far, we were both leaving there together and then would be in 2 trios with the 4 hermanas there (Normally when we do divisions, we meet somewhere that is like 10 minutes away for each person, then split up so there are people in my area and the other area).
 
The bus was really full, so Hermana Carias sat down and I sat in front. The lady next to Hermana C looked super excited to meet her- turned out it was someone from our area who she had met before  when she was on divisions and had said she would call her and then promptly forgot (story of our life) so it was awesome the Lord had his hand to help us meet this woman again. Hermana Carias kept talking to the lady, but since I was sitting in front of them it was kind of awkward and dangerous (Hondurans are crazy drivers) so I turned back around. I saw the woman sitting next to me- looking out the window and I felt that she felt uncomfortable sitting next to me, so I decided to talk to her.
 
I found out her name was Yohana. She had gone to Teguc. to get vaccines for her son who has an allergy. She had taken the day off of work (and does once a month) so she can get this medicine for her son and bring it back to him. She was pretty closed off- immediately telling me she was Catholic and is happy in her church but seemed interested to know that we are volunteers serving for 18 months, and that the prophet chose where we served. She got off before us, so I gave her a card. I didn't bother taking her information, figuring that we weren't in her area and she had said something about her neice being a member so I just told her to go to church with her.
Then I met up with Hermana Tooley and Hermana Campos and we went to work. Hermana Campos said we had to take a bus, so we took a bus and stopped by a members house. Then we went up to a house and Hermana Campos shouted, 
"Buenas!"
 
When out walked Yohana who looked a little bugged until she saw me. She was surprised, then looked really excited. "What are you doing here?"
 
I had no explanation other than I was sent from God. I hadn't told Hermana Campos about what had happened, I was just following her lead. I found out later that the member we went to was her neice. At the member's house Hermana Campos had met Yohana's kids and had always planned to go back to the house to meet the Mom, and Hermana Campos had chosen the exact day that I had met her, at a time that she normally wouldn't be home because she normally works in the afternoon to contact her.

Isn't God incredible?

Long story short, we went in and taught the first lesson. Her son and 2 nieces were there and we were able to invite them all to be baptized. I'm not sure if they will be baptized this month, or if they will progress, but I do know that a miracle happened, and that we touched her heart and mine.

Love you so much! Have a great week!

-Hermana Snelson

No comments: