Saturday, May 24, 2014

Thanks! Obrigato! Gracias!‏

Hey everyone!
Changes were last week- we didn't have changes but they put 2 new hermanas as Hermana's Entrandadores.
And they are.... Hermana Vazquez and Hermana Flynn!
I called Hermana Flynn after and she said,
 "Hermana I think I know exactly how you feel!" 
I am so excited for her! And Hermana Rodriguez is here in Teguc! Opening an area and training! She is so amazing :)
aaaand Hermana Zarate is home in her house! She is so lovely and she is probably sleeping in right now! haha.

Moises (or, if you speak English, Moses) is a young guy of 15 years that we met randomly looking for references. Turns out his 2 older siblings were baptized but when they moved to my area went inactive. His mom is darling and always make us food, but doesn't want to hear anything.
We were walking home one night when his mom, Valentina, yells at us and told us that Moises has been acting really rebellious and she was worried. We were confused because he's a really chill, really cool guy and we even got a reference from him and are teaching one of his friends! But we'd agree we'd talk about it with him.
We decided to teach the 10 commandments and concentrate on honoring your mother and father. As soon as we brought it up, it was just Dr. Phil while we sat there as each person, Moises, Valentina, and his sister Elena talked.
That is the biggest problem I have seen here- lack of communication. People don't tell someone if something is bugging them, but they don't tell them the good things either. I was amazed to see as they communicated their true feelings- something they had never done before.
As they sat there and cried I just sat there in awe listening and feeling so so grateful. First, for my incredible parents. For the fact that I have always had an open relationship and that have always wanted and encouraged the best for me. I felt grateful that they are constantly lifting me up and wanting me to feel good.
Then I also saw the torn relationship he had with his sister. It felt like they were strangers living in the same house. I felt so happy and grateful, and even more because I had just talked to my family a few days before and just felt so happy and so much love from every single one of my crazy siblings.
I thought of how lost I would be without each and every member of my family. How so many here believe that they are just better off on their own and it's just easier to do things alone.
Thank you so much family! As we left we were just in stunned silence at how grateful we were to be raised in such great families- families rooted in the gospel. I felt so happy not only for my family, but for each one of you who write me and encuorage me to do good each and every week.

With Hermana Acevedo, from Guatelmala at the Mac Shack :)

Thanks so much everyone! I love you all so much!

No comments: