Monday, September 30, 2013

The good times will come

Hello everyone!

Things that have happened this week:

We had interviews with President. Mine went a lot better than the first one, which was my first day here. Not only could I understand everything this time, but I wasn't crying my eyes out from the fact I was in a new country, speaking a new language, severely sleep deprived, and just plain overwhelmed. Anyway, it lasted a few minutes and I was clear and free. 
He asked about the parents (everyone does!) He told me that I'm serving in a very difficult area, but is grateful for the enthusiasm and happiness that I always have. Well,  It's impossible for me to not be happy, because I'm serving a mission! :)

Anyway, Hermana C's interview lasted almost 20 minutes. Once she was out of there, I said, "well, what did you talk about?" and with her sneaky smile she does she said, "you!" Which is normal since I'm the new girl! :)
Once we got home she turns to me and says, "hermana, you're next to train!"
Transfers are coming up on October 16th and right now it's a toss up. With the amount of time that Hermana C. has left (she leaves in February) she could either end her mission here, have another change here, or leave at this change. She is now convinced that she is going to leave and I'm going to be a trainer! This brings me some mixed feelings, but I know that President has the spirit of revelation and will ship me off to where I need to go.

Now to some funny facts:
Things Hermanas Snelson and C. have done to get people to come to church:
1. Brought them breakfast in the morning and ironed their shirt
2. Washed their laundry (if you're going to say you can't come for three hours because you have to wash clothes, we'll just help you)
3. Gone to their house about an hour before sacrament meeting to get everyone up, washed, fed, and in the car. 

But yesterday was a new one...
4. Helping build a dam in the river in the front of the family Salines house. 
 Rolando always says he has to work, (aka. build a dam) and so he can't stay for all of church. Sunday is his day off work and only time he has to build it. So every week we have said, "hermano, we'll just come over with the elders and help you!" but every time he says, "no, this is my work". Well on Saturday, for the first time he said we could help!
    So we rallied some people and went over there to make this dam. Mostly the guys helped, but we moved rocks, and put cement too. 
   During the construction, Hermana R. was preparing lunch for all of us, so Hermana C and I were helping. We didn't know where the elders went so we went to look for them and found out they had gone with Rolando´s dad to look at his garden. Well, they gave me this pepper and say, "hermana eat it, it´s super good" and I was hesitant so I took a small bite. Not a sweet chile, and most definitily the spiciest thing I´ve ever tasted! I couldn´t last any longer, I said, "nice banana trees!" then took off running to the house. There was soda on the table so I hurried and drank that, then Marta (rosa´s mom) ran out with a thing of sugar.
 Number of table spoons of sugar consumed: 4.
 Elder P. wanted to try it too and his reaction was ten times better than mine. 
Long story short, I am now able to proudly say that I ate the spiciest chile that Honduras has to offer. :) 


You can kind of see where they live. There are about... 4 houses back here, all full of their family.
 So humbling!

We are meeting new people everyday and working with all of our might. We are so grateful for the prayers, love, and support that we are receiving each and everyday!

Love you all! Have a great week!

Hermana Snelson




No comments: