Thursday, September 12, 2013

Counting them one by one

Yesterday, I turned to Hermana Concoha and said, "Hermana, I have no idea what to tell my family tomorrow! What are you going to tell them?" She laughed and said, "well, that my companion is a crazy greengo who dances and sings and she´s crazy!" 
 I decided that probably wouldn´t suffice because, I know my dear mother wants to hear more :)

So this week we´re going to talk about blessings.

First: I was blessed to receive a letter from Sister Emma Smith! Through pouch (might I add that I actually totally forgot that you guys can use). 

2nd: We´re blessed to have a lady in the ward who does our laundry. We walk up this huge hill (carrying our dirty clothes) but it´s worth it because I don´t have to wash it by hand. 

3rd: We´re blessed to be fed by ward members pretty much every day and I am so glad for that because we never have time to cook.

4th: I´m so grateful that we´re so busy! Always visiting members, talking to people in the street and teaching lessons. I´m grateful that our entire days don´t consist of just wandering around and that we have a purpose. 

5th:I´m grateful to be learning a new language! It´s difficult at times, but the other day we were laying on my bed (Hna C and I) and she was talking for over an hour about her friends and life at home. Halfway through it clicked "oh man, we´re talking in Spanish!" I´m grateful to have the gift of tongues to understand and communicate better. 

(This is what happens when I try to teach her English. This is when she was saying "hermana, I´ll never speak english!" She´s getting a lot better at understanding, so I think we´ll be able to meet our goal of her understanding President Monson at Conferene. But we´ll see :)
  6th: I haven´t had any baptisms, and we had 2 people tell us last week they want to stop meeting with us, but I am so grateful everyday I am here. A year ago, I wasn´t entirely sure where I would be in a year. But I´m so grateful to be here, sharing my testimony and having experiences that I couldn´t have anywhere else.

7th: I know that I was sent here for a reason, and everyday I realize the truth of that. I know that the Bible and the Book of Mormon are the word of God and truly find joy in studying them everyday and often feel that an hour is not sufficient. Truly, the Lord has a plan for us, and I´m grateful that I am able to follow in the path that he has prepared for me everyday.


and a funny story to end with:
We were walking from lunch when Hermana C was saying something was wrong with her shoe. The sole was starting to come off, but we would be back in our area in a bit so we reasoned she could last a few hours. We walked a little bit more, and then the entire sole fell off! I carry the kit Mama Shields made for me, so we stood in the middle of the street laughing our heads off gluing her shoe.



Love you all! :)

Hermana Snelson



No comments: