Monday, July 29, 2013

The week of sprinkles and cherry on top!

Alright.

So I´ve come to the conclusion that a mission is like an ice cream sundae. I once had an ice cream sundae with 10 different flavors of ice cream and 10 different toppings. A mission is like that. It is super huge and intimidating but you know it will be sweet if you just dive in and take a bite. Luckily for me, I have yet to experience anything that I wouldn´t like as much... like gummy worms. 

This week was full of sprinkles: the extra things that are thrown on top for no apparent reason other than  being so blessed!



Monday- after we finished e mailing Hna. C and I went shopping! Luckily for me, I have a companion that only wants to go to thrift stores. I had to buy a pillow, and got directed to another store so we were walking and I saw a store across the street with a cute skirt on display. Concoha said we could visit later so we went and the lady said it was 10 limpiras... .or 50 cents. What??? She said the whole store was only 10 limpiras and they get new stuff every week so we found our new favorite store!

Tuesday- We got up and were studying when I heard someone yelling my name outside. Confused we ventured outside to where our Zone leaders were and told us that we had a meeting that day. Because I´m off the transfer schedule, last Tuesday was when all the new kids arrived. So they had a huge greenies mission to pretty much explain everything I didn´t know my first confusing week here. Awesome. But It was really fun because I got to see the 10 ladies that were my friends in the CCM. It was so nice talking English all night, and answering all the questions the girls had. They all loved Hna. C and said they were so jealous that I had the best trainer ever. Well don´t I know it :)

Wednesday- Because it was changes, a bunch of missionaries were driving to the city from all of the different areas for changes. Hna C wanted to go to drop off a package for the south. So we went and who should I see but my one and only Hermana Torres! One of the two of the mischievous Mexican roommates in the CCM! We were so so so excited and there were many hugs, kisses, and pictures. After, we finally got to teach lessons- for the first time that week. I was surprised how much I missed it after only two days!

Thursday- of course we couldn´t have a normal day this week, so we went to the dentist. We were walking there following the directions from the ZL´s when we saw 6 other missionaries, so I´m like, oh cool, they´re here too. Then we got led to this room where there were about 40 missionaries. There was this organization, mostly made of people from Arizona, that was here for a week, and they chose this day to do missionaries. I got to see some more CCM friends, and just hang out and chat with missionaries. Some moments like that make me feel almost normal- just sitting around talking to people. Until you realize that you are looking up scriptures together and geez, you are now totally a white missionary. It´s cool, I´ve decided to embrace it :) But anyway, it was really cool because the place where the office is is in our area, right? And they teach english classes next door. The teachers are mormon, and were helping translating, and one of them was talking to me and said most of his class isn´t members and would I like to come and talk to them in english and share my testimony? You better believe I would! We haven´t had time to go yet, but were able to get a couple references so that was nice :) 

Friday- was our first normal day. But I mean, nothing is normal when you´re on your mission because you´re  a servant of the Lord. We got a new investigator, Norally, who was really accepting of the Restoration and our message. We are going over tonight to have FHE with her and her sisters and show them a movie. We´ll see how that goes :)






Saturday- we had a clothing drive! Some of the elders are serving in a poorer part of the city, so we asked ward members to donate clothes. Before that, we had english classes! Elder Preul (my DL) and I reviewed what he had taught on Tuesday, and then we taught everyone how to say how they were feeling. As people left they said I feel happy! So that was good. 
For the clothing drive we had people watch The Restoration before they were allowed in the room with the clothes and then we gave them Liahona´s and got their numbers after. It was pretty good for being put together last minute (nice one elders) and so we´re planning on doing one in August or September.

Sunday- Ignacio went to church! He is one of our investigators who is a security guard for our neighborhood. So we visit him while he´s at work and teach him about the book of mormon and the gospel. He is amazing because he works from 9 saturday night until 6 in the morning and he STILL went to church. He was worried about taking a shower, so a member said we could have him go over (at 7 in the morning) and he could hang out before he left to church. Thanks Hermana Margarhita! He loved being there and even wore a white button up shirt and black slacks, so that was awesome. We´re going to visit him at work, so we´ll get the whole opinion of how church was.

So it feels like I didn´t do much teaching this week, but the moments we were able to were awesome! I just feel so much love and happiness everyday and count my blessings everyday. ;) Even scrubbing our laundry by hand...that's fun!

I Love You All!!

No comments: