Friday, July 12, 2013

Welcome to Honduras!

Hi everyone I´m here and well!
 Sorry I couldn't e mail yesterday, there was just no time! President was going to let me call the states, but I don´t have Chad or Brooke´s number memorized... sorry kids. But I am here and am loving it! My companion is adorable, Hermana Concoha from Guatemala and probably... about 4´8¨mas o menos.




 I love you all so much and am so grateful for all of you. 
 Hmm... what things should I tell you with my short time? Well first of all, I flew first class. Crazy, yeah? I don´t even know how that happened but I am not complaining. I felt pretty bad because I got on first for both flights. We first flew to El Salvador, then Honduras, and the rest of the sisters just walked past me. Probably the most awesome and awkward moment of my life. But it was great. I got plenty of sleep on both 45 minute flights.



 They originally were going to keep me in the CCM for 2 weeks because I´m off the transfer schedule which is in 2 weeks when the other ladies come. Sorry, the people I flew with are going to Comyaguela. Anyway, President Nicholyasen, the CCM pres wanted to keep me in the CCM for 2 weeks, but my mission president, President Hernandez, said eh, send her. It ended out working out perfectly because Heavenly Father knows what he is doing and Hermana Concoha´s old companion got sick and left the day I came. I´m the first norte she had ever trained and she hardly speaks English. But, its all good! I feel like I understand a lot. 
Yesterday I went on an exchange with Hermana Bitter, who is a Norte and after each lesson I would make sure I understood everything she said.  It was so amazing. I was sitting there and was like shoots, I´m totally going to have to bear my testimony, and then Hermana Bitter asked me too. And you know, the Lord truly does provide in our times of need. It was so great. I talked a lot at our last lesson, and today when Hermana Concoha and I went out. We only visited 2 people, and the first one goes to another church and has been going there for 28 years and doesn´t want to change. But! she wants to learn English, so we´ll definitely be using that to our advantage. The second house we were going to visit for just a bit because we had to come here to the church but the hermano, we taught him and his wife, was telling us how he had visited with the elders almost 20 years ago, had read the book of mormon and knows it is true. Hermana Concoha and I decided he needs faith, and we are going to fast for him. 

The gospel is so true, and there is no way I can ever, in a miilion years deny it and the blessings it had been in my life. I love you all so so much. I don´t think I say it enough. You are all so wonderful!
 p.s. thanks to Matthew and Nick for my letters at the CCM, and to my miss Bee for my card the moment I arrived in Honduras. I promise there will be more information and pictures next week, but for now feel free to send your questions!

No comments: