Monday, September 8, 2014

Why I love my job!

Why I love my job:
       *  I love the knowledge that even since the pre-earth life, I have been divinely chosen to follow Christ and will forever continue to do so!
        *Getting love notes hidden in my agenda after divisions         
* Eating freshly made tortillas with beans- that people so willingly share the little food they have
      * Toothless old lady kisses
       * I love it when people hit mosquitoes off of my legs. I feel it is one of the highest forms of affection that there is
       * Eating with my hands- it is sooo common so often you rip up tortillas and pick up food in a bit of tortilla and eat it that way. Even soup! The meat still has bones in it or the vegetables have parts you don’t eat,so you just pick it up and eat it with your hands!
        *  I love that during a lesson an investigator, Christy, asked  me for a pamphlet then proceeded to fan my sweaty face during the lesson.
       *  I love getting drenched everyday- first in the morning with sweat,then in the afternoon with rain.
       *  So many little children running up to you yelling “hermana!” then giving you the biggest hug they possibly can
       *  Sitting in plastic lawn chairs, upside down buckets, rocks, a bed,  a hammock, and the floor all in one day
       *  Animals. In an average day you will probably see: horses, sheep, goats, pigs, chickens, and so many dogs. But it is also during the lessons! Pigs running in the house, dogs and  cats everywhere, and if you drop ANYTHING on the floor generally a chicken will run out to peck at it
      *  Hearing people’s conversion stories
       *  In an average day we will generally hear- “So which state are you from? Utah? Is that close to Houston?” “Wow! Your hair looks SO pretty! How did you do that? Did you do that yourself?” “Your skirt is so pretty! Will you give it to me? Did you buy it in the states?” “So you guys worship Joseph Smith?” “Wow! You look so White!” “Wow! You look so tan!” “Oh my gosh! Did you know that you have a lot of mosquito bites? Be careful- dengue is about!”
       *  People who remember my life details and ask about my African parents or new nephew

On Thursday we were supposed to go with Justin but he wasn’t home. Friday morning we saw him when we were walking down the Street. He apologized for not being home but asked if we could come that day. We said of course! He also told us he wouldn’t be able to go to church- he had work. So we went to him later that night and taught about keeping the Sabbath Day holy. (in which Hermana Groll used Exodus 31:15 which says, “whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.” Which resulted in explaining that he would only have a spiritual death but we ended up just all laughing really hard)
At the  end we said like we always do, “Justin, will you keep the Sabbath Day Holy?” to which he replied, “Hermanas, I know I told you this morning that I wouldn’t be able to go to church but it’s a commandment from God so I know that I have to complete it.”
And then he came to shirt in a button up shirt J
The church is true folks, and we feel so privileged and grateful to be able to declare this doctrine!

Love you so much!
-Hermana Snelson

p.s.- for whatever reason the computer can't read my memory card. Bbbbut I did include the musical number that Hermana Groll and I are singing on Wednesday. It's mas o menos... I think I had my mp3 player too close to us. Oh well :) Talk to you next week!

No comments: