Monday, September 22, 2014

And then we got even crazier

Well hi there! Seems like we had changes this last week!

But they are doing changes even crazier! Normally they call you the night before you have changes and tell you where you are going and who your companion is, but this time they just said we had changes!

It was so exciting!

So I got the call, "Hermana Snelson, you'll be having changes!" So I got to re pack the bags I had recently unpacked and we came up to Teguc!

They announced first all the trainers, then the rest of the changes. One by one, they showed Zone, area, then a picture flashed on the screen. I was sitting when I saw my picture and stood up, there was an hermana who was sitting in front of me standing too, so we hugged, then I looked and saw what area.

MIRA FLORES B

Ummm, say what?!?! 
(for those who don't know, that was my first area!)

I felt confused, excited, I wanted to cry but wanted to scream out in joy. People, faces, places, so many things were just running through my head as the rest of the changes they announced were an absolute blur.

But here we are and we are doing great!

Through out these days I have seen the huge blessings- various times throughout my mission the words "ugh, I wish I would've known this in MiraFlores!" and now I finally have the chance to put it into practice!

We are also in a trio!

Hermana Sauceda-
-from Honduras, she lives like... 15 minutes away
-originally called to serve in El Salvador, but got sick and came home. Then they called her on a mini mission which she has been serving for about 5 months. So she decided she just wants to stay here, but needs the authorization from the area authority, so we're just waiting because she just wants to get far away because occasionally we see people that she knows around here.
-23 years
-the first Honduran I've met who doesn't like baleadas!
-hilarious, and is always smiling!

Hermana Chub- (pronounced choob)
-from Guatemala! but a little pueblito... we're talking in the mountains, far far away
-23 years
-speaks a dialect! She learned spanish when she was 15 and went to high school
-has one month! Which means....

I AM TRAINING! Woo-hoo!
she came here to the mission 2 weeks early (sounds familiar??) and then came here with me! 

I am beyond happy- I am doing everything I never did or never had the knowledge to do. It is the most wonderful feeling!

Love you so much!

Pics- memory card reader isn't working :( I'll have to look into it. So here's some flash backs to MiraFlores! :)
 
 
 Happy to be here!
 

 In a members house

 
Our house!

No comments: