Monday, January 20, 2014

Family and friends!

Hello to all the people who are currently reading this! I'm currently in an internet cafe in Choluteca, Honduras where today it is a balmy 95 degrees! Wooot! :) It's "winter" right now which means its VERY windy which is especially fun when you combine wind, skirts, and dirt roads.

This week was great! Full of meeting great people like these adorable little girls. We were walking down the street and I saw this girl in the window and I yelled "Buenas!" she smiled at me then ran to the other window to say buenas again. Thinking about it now she might've done it just because I'm white, but I decided to go up. We ended up meeting her sister (they're both teenagers) and their cousins (the little girls in the picture). 
 
 
We started chatting and I innocently asked what one tree was (it was guava) and was given the tour of the entire backyard. 2 mango trees, 2 papaya trees, one guava tree, chilies, and a bunch of spices. Oh and just like 30 pigs or so. We're best friends and we have an appointment wiyh them tomorrow :) 

We went to the temple! We got the call Tuesday night that we were leaving on Thursday which meant on Wednesday we were running around trying to contact all the appointments we had Thursday, and the ones on Wednesday. We were pooped! And then we had to get up at 3:30 on Thursday to get to the stake center (then back- the other hermanas forgot their temple recommends and a member was giving us a ride) then hop in a 14 passenger van with 16 missionaries to go up to the temple. But every hot hour was worth it! 
 
 
Did you know I love the temple? Because I LOVE the temple. And that love was even more reaffirmed being there. I was in the celestial room and just felt such overwhelming love and peace. I truly could feel that my Heavenly Father was there, that he loves me, and is pleased with what I am doing. I have no doubt that Honduras is where I need to be, which makes every sweaty day worth it. :)
 
 
 
 It is so beautiful away from the city :)
 

No comments: