Monday, December 30, 2013

The things unsaid

Hello!

It was so fun talking with family during Christmas. :) But I found that just as when I often skyped my friends while at college that after ending the call, there was still so much I wanted to say!

I think I answered all the typical Honduran questions- the food, my ward, my companion, my area, etc. But one thing I failed to mention was the fact that I´m not only living here in Honduras, but that I am also serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. 

I recently (ha, yesterday) completed 7 months of my mission. I think it won´t matter how much I´ll have, I still wake up in the morning in awe that I am here, in Honduras, serving the Lord. How blessed am I?!?! 

It doesn´t matter how much time I have- I am literally learning something new everyday. That´s something I love so much about the church- whether we are new converts, spiritual giants, like my dear father, or me, who was blessed enough to be raised in the church.

One of my converts said, "Hermana Snelson, you are so lucky, I wish I could just put everything that you know in my brain!" And I realized that there may be a lot that I know, but I´m still a far, far way off. We aren´t perfect, and it´s wonderful! Each of us have the opportunity to repent each and everyday, to put our imperfections behind us and start new and better. 

I love that in the church, no one is better than the other. We are imperfect! But, through this mutual level, we are each able to help one another be more perfect- and I can´t think of a more wonderful way to serve others.

I am grateful everyday that I am here, in Honduras helping others. I love that I have such an incredible family and incredible examples in all of my siblings. I pray for each of you everyday and hope that all is well.

  And now I present you with a bunch of Christmasy pictures :)

 My cute comp made me breakfast Christmas morning!


I decided to dress in Christmas spirit for the Christmas party in English class. Plus my landlord knitted me this sweet Christmas hat (that several people commented were also the colors of Mexico) so I wanted to wear it out :)


We destroyed a pinata with my zone.

The lovely pinata before it was destroyed:




   At Chili´s restaurant... in Honduras :)

 
With my lovely Zone

 This is the only picture of me at Sofi, Jose´s little sister and Miriam´s daugherts house :) so Merry Christmas in Honduras, enjoy this picture of me with a water cooler :)


All of my love,

Your little sister, daughter and friend

Hermana Snelson :)

No comments: