Monday, December 16, 2013

Full of Christmas Spirit!

Funny story: I finished reading and replying to all the e mails I had gotten this week, and was thinking, "man, I guess I´m ready to log off!" until I realized I had not written my family. Haha sorry guys! I guess I´m just excited to tell you all about my life face to face.
Anyway, we had a lot of exciting things happen this week. The mission had a Christmas party complete with everyone singing Christmas songs, Christmas sweaters,
 
 turkey and mashed potatoes (a typical Christmas dinner here. Happy Thanksgiving?) and watching "The Santa Clause." It was fun seeing my friends, making new ones, and just hanging out with some swell missionaries.




The ward also had their Christmas party! Which meant more turkey, ham, and mashed potatoes. I´m pretty sure I ate enough mashed potatoes this week to feed the entire family (including cousins!) at Thanksgiving. Not that I´m complaining, Hondurans just like their mashed potatoes!


We also went Caroling with our Zone. It turned out to be really great to contact people. We go up to one house (a member, or an investigator) and all the neighbors hear us and come out and I just ran up and we started handing out pass a long cards and pamphlets. So it was really great. Plus I got to hang out with my awesome zone. We have a really great zone this change and if I leave in January, it´ll definitely be something I miss.



We also got to go to the temple again with our investigators. There is so much power in just sitting outside. There is talk that we might get to go in January which would be amazing. Honestly, people ask me what I want for Christmas and if I could just go to the temple, even to do baptisms, I would be over the moon and back again.

I love you all so much. Truly my testimony and belief in this gospel has strengthened so much in this short time (almost 7 months!) here in Honduras! My service has as confirmed everything I have been taught the last 20 years of my life and I feel so blessed everyday to be a part of this marvelous work.


I'm excited to talk to family on Christmas! Here we are will our fun Christmas tree!!

No comments: