Monday, December 1, 2014

A lot of Awesome things!



I completed 18 months! We bought ice cream and made brownies to celebrate :)

 Hermana Briones constantly puts flowers and all sorts of things in my hair (last night it was a bunch of leaves that she threw up in the air and said, "It's snowing, merry christmas!) and she made me a flower chain this day.

In this house where we took a picture we had a Family Home evening. They're less actives who go to the evangelical church, and their 18 year old son has recently been coming to church. We gave them invites and told them to invite their friends. There were 25 people! We were so stoked! Their little house was full of people sitting on the bed, on the floor, or in hammocks to watch "Finding Faith in Christ" It was awesome :)




 This was my life for 3 days this week (well, some of the days we left and worked just at night). There's some crazy virus going around Honduras and I was lucky enough to get it. The cure? Bed rest, with my feet and knees elevated, lots of Tylenol and water. 


oooh and if you're companions with Hermana Briones, pedicures and watching Johnny Lingo 20 times is a good solution too :)
 
 
 
 
In case anyone was doubting it, Hermana Briones is THE BEST.

We went to a less actives house and when looking in the Book of Mormon she asked, "Where is it?" then promptly began singing the books of the Book of Mormon song. It was awesome :)

We seemed to find lots of people who just had questions of the soul. It was so wonderful! Karla, who recently had her 4th child asked, "What do I have to do to be saved? How can I be saved and live with God again?" Marisol, a less active we found because she yelled at me in English one day asked, "But why do we need to go to church? How can it help me in my life?" Or Katherine and Sol, 2 sisters (me and Bells age, actually) who asked, "But how can we find the truth?"

I get a lot of questions, questions I often don't have the answers too. I haven't study deeply in the life of Joseph Smith and don't understand all the specifics about polygamy or the different sects that sprang from the church. I'll be honest- I study the Bible to learn what I must do, not to look at the little things and interpret them in my own way and I feel like my knowledge of that scripture is definitely not as big as that of the Book of Mormon.

But, it was wonderful to be able to testify to these people wih the spirit, the truth of these things. To be able to share with them the things I know, that have helped and comforted me so much in my journey.

I just love love love it :)

And I love you!
-Hermana Snelson


p.s. I was going to send more pictures, but it's not loading them correctly, so
 


No comments: