Monday, August 11, 2014

Well, that was unexpected

As a missionary, one knows that every six weeks the inevitable happens- there´s changes. But don´t you fret!
 

 ​Because the lovely Hermana Groll and I will still be together for another six weeks!
 

 ​Oh yeah... we´re in Choluteca.

Say what?!?!?!

For those playing at home, my second area (San Luis) where I was with Hermana Rodriguez, was down here in Choluteca. 

We are loving it! 

I was actually in the same stake before, and Hermana Grolll was in the same ward! So I pretty much just feel like I´m walking around with a celebrity everywhere I go :) And even more because HERMANA GROLL´S BIRTHDAY WAS YESTERDAY! Wahoo! She´s officially big now and we are so happy for her! 


​Even the neighbors love her and promptly brought us tacos when they heard it was her birthday. SHE IS JUST THAT AMAZING.

I´m going to be honest, when we got the call that we were leaving I felt a little upset- I felt like we had done so much and I was sad to leave all of the people behind right when I felt like we were just gonna rock it and have a lot of success. But alas, God´s plans are better than our own!

Our 2nd day here (but not even that because our first day we got home at 6 coming from Teguc) we got a phone call in the morning. One of our hermana´s had a death in the family, her grandma, and could we please visit her and make sure she´s okay? We called the other hermanas- the next door neighbors to find out where they live, and find out it´s an hour bus ride away. I felt a little apprehensive if it was worth it, but we had some personal studying to do.

Well, God is a tricky guy :) I was reading (I believe the most recent) a conference talk by President Monson where he talks about how a perfect stranger brought a woman homemade bread. It was more than just bread, but the woman was able to feel the love from God. So I just felt like we had to go visit Hermana Garcia, who I´ve only met like... twice. 

We manage to get to the bus station bu they said the bus just left and would be coming in 45 minutes. So once again, doubt starts creeping in. But alas! Another one "happened" to pull up 10 minutes later and we were on our way! 

We got to the hermanas house and chatted for a bit. Hermana Garcia was so happy we were there- she said her zone leaders hadn´t even said anything to her (President called her before zone meeting, so she was kind of upset during it) and so she really was so happy we were there. We asked about their investigators and they told us about one they were having trouble with. We gave a couple of suggestions and said that we would pray for him.
 
​We also got to try what this lady said are the best smoothie´s in Honduras. They were pretty delicious and cheap! And... I´ve been meaning to send a picture for forever but everything is in bags because they are so much cheaper. Welcome to Honduras!


Then later that night they called, "Hermanas! We went and visited him and we know why he won´t get baptized! thank you so much!" 

We truly know that we were called to serve here and I´m pretty sure we said at least 100 time, "hermana, at least we have each other!" So we´re pretty happy :)

I love you all so so much! But even more, your Heavenly Father loves you even more!

-Hermana Snelson


No comments: