Monday, July 28, 2014

Untitlable

This was a poor attempt to come up with something creative so when I turned to Hermana Groll for advice she said, "Just call your e-mail untitlable!"

Done.

So many wonderful things happened this week!

First things first.... we went to the temple!
 

​Twice, actually! We went on Tuesday as a zone and were able to enter and then we went on Saturday with the Elders in our ward and brought up our investigators!
 
 
We had arranged some members to drive up and talk with us and there was some miscommunication, but it all turned out alright! The spirit is still the same and it turned out to be a really wonderful experience :D
 
 
We also, like always did divisions! I feel I don´t really talk about Divisions that much :) They were so wonderful. Essentially, Hermana Groll and I split up and go with the other Hermanas to their areas and help them out. We make sure they have progressing investigators (we normally try to visit the most positive ones and see in what ways we can help them so they can become more prepared for baptism) and if not we try to help them find new ones!

I went to La Joya with Hermana Juarez, Hermana Juarez  has only been out a month and is from Guatemala. I love love LOVE working with the new sisters. They have such a fire and excitement to share the gospel and are so so humble and just working for ways to improve. We had a wonderful day and some of the people they are working with are just a delight!

Something funny: my entire mission I have always dealt with bug bites- no matter where I am, no matter how much bug repellent I put on my legs (I have even had less actives and English students buy it for me!) it seems I´m always getting eaten alive. I was telling Hermana Juarez and she said she puts lemon juice on her to relieve the itching! So this darling hermana just comes over with half of a lemon and squeezed it all over my legs. She´s wonderful!
 

 I also went to Santa Lucia where the one and only HERMANA RODRIGUEZ is! Wohoo! We did trios since we had NO TIME this change so I was with Hermana Castro (who also  has  only been out one month) and Hermana Rodriguez. She immediately started asking me about everyone! "How is Africa? How are your friends in the mission? Has Chad gotten married yet?" I was happy to give her the Snelson family update and she wanted me to tell you all hello. Once again, wonderful wonderful missionaries but sadly their biggest struggle is that no one is going to church! Members and non- members alike. They are in a branch and you have to take the bus to get to church and they only pass every half hour and folks feel bad if they don´t make it so it´s all or nothing. But the faithful ones make the effort and that´s what counts!

Something funny: we went to a less- actives house and their mom was there and we taught her too and she said that she would go to church. Well we asked if there was anything else she needed and she jokingly said we could help her make tortillas and I said, "done son!" She was a little surprised but we were there making the tortillas for dinner :)
 
 
 We are doing just wonderful. We are receiving a lot of help from the youth (shout out to Kristian and Hannah who left with us all day until they went to Seminary together) which is always the key to success! 


Like always we are just so happy and loving every day and every moment. We can feel it- every day we are just growing more and more and getting better and better and truly seeing wonderful miracles and the marvelous blessings that the Lord has for us! 

We are so happy and grateful for all of your support, prayers, friendship, and laughs. Have a wonderful week!

No comments: