Monday, July 21, 2014

A wonderful week in the hundred acre woods‏

First things first....

WE ARE GOING TO THE TEMPLE TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whew. I just had to get that out there.

A couple weeks ago I decided to read the New Testament and it feels like so many things I have been studying in Matthew are all centered on faith. 

1. People seek help from the Lord
2. He is patient with them and explains that they need to have faith
3. They have faith, but then must act on it (faith without works = dead)
4. They are able to receive the blessings from the Lord 
5. They give thanks!

If there is anything I have learned in my lifetime it is that I must act before God can bless me. And if I am ever proceeding in the wrong direction then he tells me that is where I shouldn't go. I am so grateful that my relationship with my Heavenly Father has been strengthened and grown in so many wonderful miraculous ways! I have truly learned how to communicate with him.

It is such a wonderful feeling as I work with so many different hermanas just to see how sharing a simple testimony can invite the spirit and help these people have their hearts touched and come unto Christ. It has always been a goal to not let one person leave without sharing a testimony with them. It doesn't matter if they are someone sitting next to me on a bus, or an investigator who opened the door, handed the Book of Mormon back and basically said, "See you later!" I know that I am here to touch the lives and hearts of these people,  so we try to enjoy and seize the moment and share the truth of what we know!

I KNOW that God lives. But even more, that he is a God of Love and wants the very best for us! I know that he has sent each of us here to this earth with a purpose, and that I am fulfilling that purpose RIGHT NOW! I know that he has blessed me in incredible ways and there are even more that I can't possibly comprehend. I truly know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and I receive a confirmation of that truth EVERY SINGLE TIME that I read his testimony in the Book of Mormon. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and I have had the pleasure to read it in English and in Spanish and the spirit of God is the same! I am so grateful and blessed to be here, learning and growing so much!

Now some pictures from our week:)

This is Rafael! I had the pleasure to sit next to him on our 15 minute ride home last Monday and he was talking about how the Mormons are great, wonderful people but that he was born and raised Catholic and there he would stay! (he also told us that we were beautiful and asked if we had make-up on. I of course said no and he said perfect! I looked just gorgeous naturally and didn't need any of that junk and to please tell my mom she did a wonderful job!) I just told him, "Buddy, I wouldn't leave my home, my studies, and my lovely family and friends for a huge lie. It's the true church Christ established!" He took a card (he, like every other person here has gone to the states and commented on the temples so I gave him one with the Salt Lake Temple) but I didn't realize I had written my number on it. He called me like an hour later thanking me for our pleasant conversation and told me that he hopes I have a wonderful time here in Honduras and God bless you!
 

​Our paper chain that we made to count down when we went to the temple! We were planning on going next week (I took this picture yesterday) but alas! We are going tomorrow! yay!!!!


Today, in our taxi coming to down town to write all of you wonderful people!

Muchísimo amor por cada uno de ustedes!
-la Hermanita SnelsonA

No comments: