Saturday, February 8, 2014

Surprise!‏

Haha not really :) we´re just writing today because we´ll be heading up to Teguc. this weekend- sleepover with all the sisters in the south, very important business :)

Anyway, we´re doing good! :)

Hermana Rodriguez says, "You have a very fun daughter"
Thanks man :) it might have been because this morning I was waiting for her to get all ready (one thing I have learned in the mission is  I have inherited my father´s characteristic and am ALWAYS ready first) and I was just dancing around in a circle clapping my hands. Then I started singing "There is Sunshine in my Soul Today" in Spanglish (some parts I forget in English and visa versa) Opera style and my comp was laughing so hard and said, "Hermana, I can´t put on my eyeliner!" 

En serio, this week was great! I had my own personal call to repentance because I re-read "How to Be a Concentrated Missionary" by Ted R. Callister  and oh how lovely it was! 

For those who didn´t know, let me say, Repentance is the best!

I´ve learned that repentance is more than confessing the "bigger" sins- it´s about becoming the best "us" that we can be! When I come home, we review our day- everything we did and didn´t do. Then we look at the areas we could have improved- what things could we have done? What can we do to have more lessons, more lessons with members, and more investigators? Then we humbly express to Heavenly Father the desire we have to better ourselves.

When I came to the mission, I wanted to be PERFECT. I wanted to speak Spanish perfect, have the answer to every question, know where all the scriptures were, and teach every single lesson.

A reality check came rather quickly, especially with the language barrier. I realized it was impossible to speak perfect Spanish, my Latina companions don´t even speak perfect Spanish. But you know, that´s okay! Heavenly Father didn't send us to the earth to be perfect. He sent us to learn how we can become perfect, and then seek that perfection. If we are humble, and recognize that we can´t do it alone, then he will help us, every step of the way!

We have plenty of investigators, a few that are positive, but we need to strengthen their testimonies and get them to church.

I can´t believe this change is almost over, but I´m enjoying every minute of it :)


 And some lovely random happenings: 

These are the daughters of a family that have been investigating the church for over a year. They´re practically members and even give us references but they´re waiting to be divorced before they can get married and be baptized. We were walking to Bishop´s house (where we´re writing now) when we heard "hermanas!" and 3 little girls came running up to us. Number of ninos who run up to me and hug me everyday- at least 4. I love Honduras!
 
   
I woke up the other day and thought to myself "I should definitely wear my grey skirt today" (it´s my comfiest item- I wear it at least once a week) lo and behold my comp put on her grey skirt too. Then I was doing my hair and she asked if she could borrow a top. Well what do you know! I have a mom who is super prepared and bought me 2 of the same shirts! So we were twins for the day! 
I apologized for not being as tan, and told her I´d try to work on it ;)
 

 This is one of our investigators- we started teaching her mom (who said she didn´t want to listen to us, but invited us to dinner tonight. The dinner conversation? We´ll probably talk about the plan of happiness God has for each of us :) )

ANYWAY we were at her house and she said, "oh I like your headband" "thanks" a pause "no I really like your headband" "thanks!" "can I have it?" (this is completely normal) "and what do I get?" she thought about it. Then brought out a huge pile of headbands and clips that her sister had made. So we traded. 

I also traded a pair of earrings with someone on the  bus the other day
 (yes mom, I cleaned them).
 Welcome to Honduras! :)
 
 
 
 And shout out to my bishop who e mailed my parents a couple weeks ago when I couldn´t write on Monday and who is currently letting me borrow his purple laptop.

YOU DA BEST BISHOP RIVERA!
 
 
Love you all! 
Hermana Snelson

No comments: