Monday, October 14, 2013

This week!

Hi everyone!

Thanks for the package Chad and Chanelle! My comp and I were soooo stoked about the Zumba DVD´s!!
Today we went to a famous statue of Christ in Honduras, called Picachu. There was a huge park and we just played kickball, and explored and took pictures. It has been a fun day!








Now I'm going to talk about the family Salinas.

So last Friday, we were with Rosa and Alison,  just chatting about the day, and then Hermana Concoha shared some scripture. We were in a hurry because we had an appointment with Jose. I felt impressed to ask Alison if she wanted to get baptized... she said yes! So we put a date for the 12th of october. "sister snelson?" she told me later. "I really want to get baptized... but I want to do it with my sisters" "Alison, I know that you really want to, and we´re going to invite your sisters too. We´ll all pray that they want to get baptized too."
hermana Rosa walked in later, and said, "she wants to be a missionary you know." "what??" "Yeah, she told me the other day she wants to buy more skirts and dress more like you guys." "That´s so great!" "oh, and she watches less TV" "really?" "Yeah, I walked in the other day and she was sitting on the couch with her backpack and I asked her why the TV was off and she said it was because she was reading the book of mormon."

Did I mention she´s 9??!

Well, Alison, Rosa, and Rolando all came to Jose´s baptism and that just made Alison ten times more stoked for her own. When we went over on Sunday, we talked to Katerine and Katia about how Alison wanted to be baptized with her sisters. We challenged Katerine and Katia who both said they didn´t feel ready.

So to show them that they were totally ready, we went over the questions with them on Monday, which they were all able to answer! At the end, all 3 of the girls were positive and excited about being baptized. 

Thursday- Katia told us she didn´t want to get baptized, but Katerine was still all for it, so we just kept praying and praying she might change her mind. 

Friday- I found this for 50 cents... .happy aloha Friday!


 Saturday-  We went over to their house before the baptism, to help them get ready. Katerine pulled Hermana C. aside and told her that she didn´t want to get baptized, she just didn´t feel ready.

I was worried how Alison was going to take it, but she was more positive than ever that this was exactly what she wanted. We got to the church and she went to have her interview and we went with Hermano M. (1st counselor in the bishopric, an amazing convert, and has really helped a lot with the family) to talk with the family. He talked about how we have to make our descisions for ourselves and about how we can´t let others infulence our own choices. Hermano R. took the floor after and was talking about how grateful he was that we showed up in their lives. He started crying as he said that he really doesn´t want his children to live a life like his, and knows that being a member in this church can make the difference. 


It was amazing! There have been so many moments on my mission where the spirit can be felt so strong, but the people being taught are still learning to recognize it. The most we can do is plant the seed.

Next goal: getting Rosa and Rolando married, and baptizing the rest of the girls. 

This week was great, full of random fun adventures!
 Three weeks ago we went shopping in The Kennedy- this district of like, 20 thrift stores, scouting out all the ones that were 2 dollars or less. We were walking along when someone yells, "everything 10 limpiras!" (50 cents) so of course we took off running. That was where I found my favorite floral dress, and another skirt, along with this skirt. We were just about to leave the store, and the sisters said it looked a little big but I was wanting a grey skirt, and 50 cents?!
Later, when we get home I look and see that it is BCBG brand. It was a little big on me, but luckily one of my less active members we visit once a week is a seamstress (suuuper common profession) and I asked if she could take it in, and maybe cut it just past my knee.



this is what I got!
 "I made it shorter in the front, and longer in the back... that´s how they do it in the states, right?"

50 cent skirt!! :)



 Another fun story: 3 of the elders in my ward (there´s 6 missionaries in my ward in total!) also celebrate their birthday this month (elder P´s is today, I´m next) and soooo one of Elder P´s converts brought us lunch to the church to eat before English classes and she even brought pineapple cake. ;)



so delicious & nice!

Love you guys :) The church is so true, go out and share it!

No comments: