Wednesday, June 12, 2013

More CCM Adventures

 I used up my entire hour last week just writing this e mail, so I'm gonna try to cut down a bit :)
SHOUTOUTS:
To the parents for entering the MTC today!
My sister going to Africa!
Miss Sarah surviving her farewell and entering the MTC on Wednesday
My Gwennie leaving the MTC for temple square this week!
And to Matthew for being the only letter I received. It only took 10 days!
 

 
I got to go to the temple on Wednesday! The temple is tiny, but beautiful and has such a unique spirit there. The entire session was in English but we had a few natives in our session so they got to wear the headphones. Haha :) We get to go again tomorrow and are so excited!
 Uh hum I get to go to Walley World tomorrow as well as the mall! We are all pretty excited.
Our roomates leave tomorrow and we are really sad but I told them they have to write me and tell me all about how TEG is. They are hilarious. The other night we walked home and saw that one of the closet doors were open to block the hallway. On the door there was a sign that said "no entrar greengas" and had a picture of Butler and I with a line through it. Then they put their suitcases in the way to make a barricade and block us out. We thought they were hiding in the room but it turns out they were next door waiting for us to come home. Later I noticed that they had decorated my "ceiling" (we are in bunk beds) with post it notes of funny things we have said or that I can never say correctly in Spanish. Butler and I are hoping our next roomates can be as cool.
Mum to answer your inquiry, yes I met the other nortes going to TEG. All the girls live on the same floor and we all have a group prayer together every night. Even if you don't know someone personally, you have seen everyone here at least once a day. Theres only about... 130? of us here.
The weather has been AMAZING. So sunny and warm. But not too hot so when we play deportes it's perfect. On Saturday we went to Deportes and it seemed a little overcast. While we were playing volleyball it started POURING hawaiian rain. Luckily we didnt care and played while we were soaking wet. The kids from Arizona and Nevada were stoked! The fun was cut short when Hermana Cameron made us come in side. For real?


The food is still amazing and we even had sushi the other day! (shout out to Nick!)
Yesterday was a favorite, the entire day mostly consists of watching church movies (Chubby, watch "journey of faith") and randomly singing!
On Saturday night Hermana Larson asked Butler and I to sing. We agreed, then tried to figure out what.... We decided on "un oracion de nino" because it would be easy to just do the parts. So we practiced with Hermana Torres, but she couldn't do it because we were singing in spanish and the timing is different. We managed to find a hermana the day of and ran through it once.
When we sang it went really well and we felt awesome!
Then, the Branch President walked up and thanked us. He took out his phone, and started playing it for us. I asked "oh! could you e mail that to my dad?" He thought that would be a great idea so I gave him dads e mail. THEN he let me write you guys a message. A short one but still, it was fun to have a connection to home. And SO NICE that he recorded it for me!
I love the CCM so much! The first couple days were long and hard but im so grateful to be here at this time with so many who are so excited and willing. It really is such an incredible opportunity and I go to bed each night with a full heart. I was reading in Mosiah 2 and just couldn't help but think how much it all related to missionary work. Also, Alma... 36:24? my new mission motto. :)
Hugs and butterfly kisses to you all!

No comments: